Oglas za posao
Application for the above position shall include:
- A letter of motivation,
- A complete Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- The name and contact details of at least three reference persons (one of which is being an immediate past superior), and,
- Copies of formal qualifications should be presented upon request.
Applications are to be sent by email to both:
email@example.com with the subject: Attention: APPLICATION FOR NATIONAL PROGRAMME OFFICER POST
National Programme Officer – Economic Integration with the EU and Development of a Market Economy
The Embassy of Sweden in Sarajevo was established in 1995. It currently has 22 employees working together to represent Sweden and further develop the strong relations between Sweden and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Embassy is seeking a qualified individual to join our team and fill the position of National Programme Officer (NPO) in the Development Cooperation Section. The NPO will manage Swedish contributions to projects and programmes in the area of Economic Integration with the EU and Development of a Market Economy.
The NPO will be a member of the staff of the Embassy of Sweden in Sarajevo and will work under the overall authority of the Ambassador. The NPO will be part of the Development Cooperation Section at the Embassy and work under the direct supervision of and report to the Head of Development Cooperation Section. The section consists of the Head of Section, one controller, five programme officers and one programme administrator.
The Embassy has been tasked to plan, implement and follow up the development cooperation in accordance with the Swedish Government Reform Strategy. The strategy aims to support Bosnia and Herzegovina’s EU integration. It focuses on three main areas: a) Democracy, Human Rights, Rule of Law and Good Governance; b) Environment and Climate, and; c) Economic Integration with the EU and Development of a Market Economy. On an annual basis, Sweden contributes approximately € 19 million in grant funding. The Embassy actively participates in coordination of development cooperation with other donors and local representatives with special emphasis on EU activities.
Within the Development Cooperation Section, the NPO will have sectoral responsibility for Economic integration with the EU and development of a market economy, including support to an enabling business environment, inclusive and sustainable economic development, support to SMEs, sustainable rural livelihoods/sustainable tourism, B4D, and innovation.
- Manage contributions in accordance with Sida’s rules and regulations,
- Participate in the Embassy’s development of the portfolio within the area of responsibility, in line with the annual plans and the Swedish Government strategy, by identifying and planning new projects/programmes; assessing and preparing new contributions; managing evaluations including the drafting of terms of reference, and, participating in peer reviews of projects,
- Embassy focal point for economic integration with the EU and development of a market economy, including enabling business environment, inclusive and sustainable economic development issues, support to SMEs, sustainable rural livelihoods/sustainable tourism, B4D and innovation,
- Provide analysis, monitoring and reports on sector development and reforms in BiH that is relevant to the Embassy and the Swedish development cooperation within the main area of responsibility,
- Produce necessary documents in the Sida contribution management system leading up to embassy decisions on new contributions,
- Proactively communicate and report about projects and results within the area of responsibility,
- Actively participate in Sida’s thematic network on employment and market development,
- Actively search for knowledge of relevance to the performance of the tasks,
- Liaise with relevant BiH authorities, exchange information and facilitate coordination within main area of responsibility,
- Promote and participate in donor coordination within the area of responsibility
- Apply the Embassy’s anti-corruption strategy, closely monitor possible suspicions of corruption, and, act to prevent and stop corruption within the area of responsibility.
- Academic degree, minimum Bachelor, of relevance for the area of responsibility,
- A minimum of five years of professional experience from work with international development cooperation in Bosnia and Herzegovina within areas relevant for this position (such as Embassies, international and multilateral organisations or international non-governmental organisation),
- At least three years of experience of project management of international development projects,
- Experience from cross-sectorial work and mainstreaming,
- Experience and good knowledge of anti-corruption work in development cooperation,
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (working language) and local language,
- Proven knowledge of EU related reform and the EU enlargement process.
Merits and skills
- Analytical and results oriented with decision-making and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and adapt to the level of knowledge of the audience,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enjoys teamwork and respects individual differences,
- Excellent organisational and planning skills,
- Values transparency, integrity and high ethical standards and is aware of responsibilities as a civil servant.
Salary and Benefits
The Embassy offers an attractive workplace. The position is permanent and the salary is determined on an individual basis. The Embassy offers 28 days of annual leave, medical insurance and recreational sports and transportation contributions. Opportunities for development and learning are provided.
Working hours are 08.00-17.00 Monday-Thursday and 08.00-13.30 on Fridays.
Employment will start in November 2020 unless otherwise agreed, starting with a probation period of six month.
The position is subject to the Embassy’s terms and conditions for local staff.
Closing date for all applications related to the vacancy is July 19, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Okvirna mjesečna plataPo dogovoru
Nivo u karijeriMenadžer